What is BFX
Learn about BFX and how you can use it.
BFX is a B2B currency exchange and money transform platform that lets you make fast and cost-effective business payments in, out, and around Africa.
What can I do with BFX?
Pay suppliers and service providers across the world
Do you buy your stock or spare parts from Europe? Do you pay service providers across the world? Settle your invoices wherever you are and keep your international partners happy.
Inter-company transfers across countries
Is your business expanding to new countries? Are you covering operational costs for a sister company across borders? Do it efficiently with BFX.
Exchange large amounts of foreign currency
Do you provide financial and investment services to customers? Service the demand with our deep liquidity and fast settlement times.
Who uses BFX?
CEOs and CFOs
BFX helps executives at both startup and corporate level manage their operational payments across business partners and entities.
Finance managers are able to manage their float and move money across countries efficiently to pay for invoices with BFX.
BFX lets sales managers focus on keeping their customers happy while gaining more when their sales depend on making reliable and quick payment to suppliers abroad.
How can I contact the BFX team?
You can chat with your account manager right on the platform by accessing the chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. You can also write to [email protected] if you have any transaction issues or [email protected] for general inquiries.
We are available from 9am – 5.30pm every weekday, except on public holidays in respective countries.
Getting Started with BFX
You can access all your previously saved recipients, click “Recipients” on the right side bar of the page.
You can add a new recipient by clicking “Add Recipient” on the right top of the page. A pop-up will show up to allow to input the information.
Choose the receiving currency, fill out all the information and click save. The new recipient will automatically show up on the “Recipients” page.
You can click “Edit” next to the specific recipient to change any of the recipient’s information.
You can click “Delete” next to the specific recipient to delete them.
If you have a CSV or would like to bulk add a large number of recipients, please reach out to your account manager, and we can do it for you.
You can make a transfer by accessing your bank account in the usual way recommended by your bank. This could be through the bank online portal or your bank account manager. Simply enter the bank details we provide at the end of your BFX transaction exactly as they are and send us your Proof of Payment at [email protected].
- Login to your BFX account
- On your New Transactions page, Request a Rate.
- Click on the arrow next to the currency symbol to select the currency you are sending as well as the currency you want your recipient to receive.
- You can either enter the amount you have to send in the “You Send” field or the amount you want your recipient to get in the “Recipient Gets” field. You can also select your desired pay-in and payout currencies.
- Your custom rate and amount will be generated instantly.
- Click Continue to go to the next page.
- On the Transaction Details page, enter your recipient’s details by clicking “Add New”. This will let you to fill the bank account details to complete the transaction.
- The following fields are required:
- Account name
- Bank name
- Account number
- Account type
- Account name
- Street address
- Bank name
- Branch name
- Account number
- Account name
- Street address
- Bank name
- IBAN/Account number
- Correspondent Bank Name (For USD if applicable)
- Branch Name (for XOF)
- Click Next to save the recipient details.
Next, enter the Reference for Recipient. This is the message the recipient will receive describing the payment.
- Next, upload a document(s) explaining the reason for the transaction.
- This could be an invoice from the supplier you are paying, a letter showing transfer of funds between entities etc.
- If the document has many pages, upload all of them.
- Each document should below 10MB in size and can be in PNG or PDF format.
- Make sure you check the box to certify that the document explains the reason behind the transaction. Click Next.
- On the Review Transaction page, check to see that all the transfer details you entered are correct. If not, click on Edit to correct them. Proceed to create your transaction.
- On the Transfer Details page, you will see our bank transfer details. Use these details to make a payment to us.
- You should make the payment within 3 hours for your custom rate to be guaranteed.
- Ensure you use the reference displayed to describe your payment to us.
- We will be on the lookout for your funds and initiate the payout immediately we confirm receipt.
You can also go back to Transaction Status or Transfer Instructions.
Amount per payment
Minimum: $5000 equivalent
Maximum: $5,000,000 equivalent
Unless otherwise stated within the transaction, these are the details required for all payments:
- Recipient account name
- Street address
- Bank name
Troubleshooting guide for Support Chat browser support
Salesforce chat should be visible by default because Firefox browser has pop-ups enabled.
However, if the form is not displayed, follow the below steps to enable the popups and cookies.
- Select the Menu button and select Preferences
- Select the Privacy & Security panel. This is where you can view your settings for Enhanced Tracking Protection, which includes cookies.
- If Standard is selected, this is the default setting and, except for trackers, all cookies are enabled.
- If Strict is selected, either choose Standard or switch to Custom.
- If Custom is selected, either uncheck Cookies (this will allow all cookies) or select the setting to only block Cross-site and social media trackers.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
For Salesforce Chat to display on a Safari browser, the cookies and pop-ups should be enabled.
How to Enable Cookies
- Click the “Safari” menu
- Click the “Preferences” menu item
- Click the “Privacy” tab
- Choose your preferred Cookies and tracking settings
- Close the Preferences window
Unblock pop-ups on Safari Desktop
- Open Safari.
- Click “Safari” in the Apple Menu in the top-left corner of your screen. You will need to be in the Safari app to access this menu.
- Then click Preferences. You can also access Safari’s Preferences by using the Command + comma keyboard shortcut.
- Click on the Websites tab at the top of the Preferences window.
- From the left side-bar, click on Pop-up Windows.
- Finally, click the drop-down menu in the bottom right corner of the window and select Allow. This will cause Safari to allow all pop-ups. You can also choose to block all pop-ups or notify you every time they are blocked as well.
- Open Opera browser and go to Browser Settings.
- In settings choose Privacy & security tab.
- Scroll down to the Cookies section and choose the checkbox “Allow local data to be set (recommended)”
- Restart Opera.
How to unblock ads and pop-ups
Opera’s Adblocker makes websites load faster and look cleaner by blocking ad scripts. It also includes tracking protection and stops cryptocurrency mining scripts for a secure browser. To enable these security features:
- Go to Settings (Alt+P)
- Under Privacy protection, toggle off Block ads and surf the web up to three times faster.
- Below that, toggle off Block trackers
- Launch Google Chrome. Then, touch the triple-dot menu on the upper right corner of the browser.
- Choose Settings.
- On Settings, choose Site Settings.
- Scroll down and you will get two options; “pop-ups and redirects” and “Ads”. Click on them one by one
- If you want to enable the Ad-blocker for Chrome Android, click on them one by one and toggle the button to make it grey.
- Launch Settings.
- Tap Safari.
- Under the General section, click the toggle next to Block Pop-ups to disable the pop-up blocker. A green toggle indicates an enabled pop-up blocker.
You can check your transaction status by visiting the Transaction History page found on the left sidebar of your account. Your transaction can be in three states:
- Paid: Your transaction is completed and recipient should have received the payment already.
- Pending: Your transaction is created and we’re waiting for your payment.
- Cancelled: You cancelled the transaction or we did it after payment was not received.
If you no longer have access to your 2FA app, or Google Authenticator, please send an email to [email protected] or live chat, with your email and full name on the account. We will can disable the 2FA and enable you to sign in with only your email and password. However, we recommend that you re-enable 2FA as soon as you have accessed your account.
If you no longer have access to your associated email because:
- You cannot remember your email login.
- This was a business account registered under a colleague’s email and that colleague has left.
- Your email has changed.
Please send an email to [email protected] or live chat with your
- Full name
- Registered company name
- Phone number
- Previous account email
- New account email
We will help you adjust the email on your account
If you have forgotten your password, simply click “Reset your Password” on the BFX sign in page.
Fill in the email associated with your account.
You will receive a reset link into your email.
If you do not receive the reset link, please reach out to us [email protected] or on the live chat.
what is 2FA and why do I need it?
Two-Factor authentication (2FA) refers to a login process that requires more than just a password. If your password is compromised somehow, 2FA can prevent an attacker from logging into your account by requiring a second form of verification. 2FA is an invaluable user friendly tool that should always be used, whenever available.
BFX prioritizes security so this is an important feature of our system.
Why you need it
Even strong passwords can be broken or compromised by a remote attacker. However, if you have 2FA, someone who gets your password will be prevented from gaining access to your wallet because they will also require your 2FA code. Unlike your password, your 2FA code changes with each login attempt and is retrieved from your mobile device. Enabling 2FA serves as an incredibly helpful deterrent of online attacks, which means your account won’t be an easy target for unauthorized access.
How it works
When you first register a BFX account and create a password and associated email. By default, these are the only two pieces of information required to access your BFX account.
Setting up 2FA will add a third credential: a unique one-time use code that will also be required to log in to your wallet successfully. A new code will be generated for each login attempt.
- You can get started with 2FA in the Security Center of your wallet. You can use Google Authenticator app to generate codes.
- Once you have set up 2FA with your chosen method, the login process will require you to input your email, password, and then a 2FA code.
How to Set up Google Authenticator App
We recommend Google Authenticator for most users. It doesn’t require an internet connection or phone service to use, and is more secure than SMS due to being offline and local to your device.
- Download the free application from the App Store or Google Play store.
- Under Enable, choose Authenticator App.
- You will be presented with a QR code to scan with your Google Authenticator app.For those on Android devices: Open Google Authenticator on your device, click the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select Add an account, and Scan a barcode. For those on iOS devices: Open Google Authenticator on your device, click on the + symbol in the upper right, then click Scan barcode.
- Scan the QR code with your mobile device. Once this is complete, you’ll now see your Wallet ID listed in your app with 6 numbers that change randomly every 30 seconds. This is your 2FA code that you will use for logging in.
- Enter the code and press Verify Code.
Data & Security
Because we are a regulated financial institution, it is very important that we maintain stringent KYC and AML standards. All our customers are verified by our Compliance team, checking for authenticity and relevancy of documents.
Depending on your jurisdiction and type of company, you will be asked to upload a variety of different documents to help verify your account. Our compliance team utilizes automated and manual techniques to verify the documents in line with global standards. If you would like to dispute your account verification decision, please contact [email protected].
The objective of Know Your Customer (KYC) guidelines is to prevent BFX from being used by criminal elements for money laundering activities. It also enables us to understand our customers and their financial dealings to serve them better and manage their risks prudently.
Criminals use money laundering to conceal their crimes and the money derived from them. Anti Money Laundering seeks to deter criminals by making it harder for them to hide the loot. Financial institutions are required to monitor customers’ transactions and report on anything suspicious.
To this end, we need to collect various documents from our customers, which go through a rigorous verification process by our Compliance team. This is a combination of automated database checks and manual document checking.
If you have further questions about our verification process, please contact [email protected].
The parent company of BFX is AZA. Because AZA is a regulated financial institution, we are obliged to store some of your personal and transactional data. Only a small number of our employees can see that data, and they’ll only look at it if they absolutely need to. We always delete information that we no longer need and everything we need to keep is subject to the highest levels of security. We will store your data for 6 years across our operating jurisdictions.
If you have any questions about this data storage, please send an email to [email protected]
What is Automatic Profiling?
Profiling is a form of automated processing of personal data used to analyse or predict matters relating to an individual. For example, analysing your transaction volumes, frequency, and location. Automated decision making is the ability to make decisions without human involvement.
Why does BFX use Automatic Profiling?
BFX may use automatic profiling to better provide content, services, and customer support.
We analyse this information to classify people into different groups or sectors. This analysis identifies correlations between different behaviours and characteristics to create profiles for individuals.
If you would like to exclude yourself from automatic profiling, please send an email to [email protected].